The following are requirements for enrolment. Your participation in this process will enhance your understanding of a Montessori education.
Requirements for the Enrolment Process
Tour of the School and Observation in a class that matches the age of your child Tuesdays at 9:00. Please book via the ‘Book a Tour’ button on this page.
Application for Enrolment is lodged in person (or by email to email@example.com) and the $150 Application Fee (non-refundable) is paid. You may choose to lodge your Application after you have attended the Introductory Seminar. Enrolment will be processed after Application and fee have been received.
Introduction to Montessori Seminar: Montessori Explained Attendance at a “Montessori Explained” seminar is a requirement for all families. We encourage both parents, where possible, to attend. The Seminars are offered on the following dates:
- Term 1, 2019 – Wednesday 13 March 2019, 9:15am
- Term 2, 2019 – Tuesday 4 June; 6:00pm
- Term 3, 2019 – Tuesday, 10 September, 6:00pm
- Term 4, 2019 – Tuesday 3 December; 9:15am
Attending one of the Journey Programmes is also a requirement for parents. The programmes provide you hands on experience with Montessori materials and a better understanding of a Montessori education. You will gather valuable insights into the curriculum and its delivery. You are invited to attend a Journey Programme every year.
- Journey & Discovery – Saturday 1 June 2019 (8:00am – 12:30pm) OR
- Journey through the Curriculum (each year a different subject will be discussed) – Wednesday, 23 October 2019 (6:30pm)
Interview with the Principal
Following confirmation of your application being received, you will be invited to an interview with our Principal. During the 30 minute meeting with your family we will specifically discuss your child’s development and suitability for a place at Brisbane Montessori. You will be notified of acceptance or otherwise at the conclusion of the interview. The following are required to be in place for the interview:
- Your child needs to be in attendance and where possible both parents.
- Any pertinent reports relating to your child’s developmental needs.
- All children starting in the Children’s House (3 to 6 years) must be toilet trained.
- All children starting in the Montessori Independent Toddler Community must be walking confidently.
- Prior to final enrolment acceptance a Primary student will be required to have a class work period visit.
Offer Documentation and Class Allocation
You will receive the Offer Documentation including:
- Your child’s class allocation which is solely at the Principal’s discretion. The Principal will take into account maintaining a balanced gender and age distribution in each class. The class allocation is set in the context of all children entering the school.
- List of requirements to secure your Offer, which includes completion of paperwork and payment of entry fees by the due date. Please ensure that both parents have signed the Enrolment Contract and those signatures have been witnessed.
- Your scheduled time for a Class Director interview in which you will discuss your child and their week of commencement. Please be aware that we do not start all the children at the same time in the Children’s House. We have a staggered intake throughout the term to ensure that each new child receives sufficient attention from the Class Directors to allow a smooth transition.
Your Child is Enrolled
Please keep in contact with your Class Director on how your child is settling into the class. Invoicing commence from the week your child starts attending the programme.